Most Common Biohazards
Did you know SERVPRO of Reisterstown offers biohazard cleaning? Biohazard cleaning refers to the removal of any biological material that poses a health threat. Oftentimes we receive emergency calls requesting our crew to come out immediately to cleanup the aftermath of an unfortunate event or accident. Below are the most common types of biohazards:
- Blood - including items stained or saturated with blood, as well as human or animal tissue with blood. Typical scenes where this biohazard would be present include car crashes, crime scenes and hospitals.
- Sharps - such as needles and glass. Commonly present at car crashes, hospitals, doctors’ offices and abandoned homes or buildings.
- Bodily fluids - for example, saliva and secretions. Typical scenes where this biohazard would be present include crime scenes and hospitals
- Animal waste - stemming from carcasses or body parts, secretions or living spaces with an animal infected with a pathogen. Animal waste would most commonly be present at places such as homes that have issues with neglecting and/or hoarding, pet hospitals, boarding facilities or animal shelters
- Microbial waste - such as specimen cultures and instruments used to mix or transfer cultures. Microbial waste would be found in a laboratory.
- Pathological waste - including tissues, organs and bodily fluids removed from a human or animal during a procedure, such as a surgery. Pathological waste can be found in a dental office, cosmetic, veterinary or general surgery center, or hospital to name a few places.
If you’re experiencing a biohazard catastrophe in your home or business, we are here to help you 24/7. Give our office a call today at (410) 242-7370.